Friday, May 8, 2009

It gets odder

Now the winter has passed, spring is here, and here is my new observations: When the wind is not blowing, the turbines near me are spinning. When the wind starts up, the turbines shut down.

I have noticed a military looking helicopter flying along the line of wind turbines on occasion, as if they are looking at them.

The turbines are too close together. They should be five to ten rotor diameters apart. They look to be about three. I have also been told that these new ones are cheaply made and not like the earlier ones errected in the county.

Vertical axis turbines would have been a better choice, as the wind is vary variable and turbulent.

What's it mean? Poor engineering, it appears to me, and no worry if they actually make any electricity or not.

No comments: